Tuesday, December 06, 2005

My thoughts after the marathon My feelings now after the marathon on Sunday...... A bit confused, a bit disappointed but still is a joy to take part in is event and complete it. Confused??? Because don't quite understand my body! Why I got cramp?Why happen at 33k mark? I never thought it would happen to me. Could that be my wall? Disappointed! Because I didn't achieve my target. I won't feel so bad if not because of the cramp. Sigh!

Joy is for sure! Because this year my dear Sus is joining me in this event for the first time. Meeting up with most of the Sgrunners to fellowship is fun too. Got chance to share my experience with rest of them.

Lesson learned after the marathon:

  1. If have cold during the last two days and follow by 3x diarrhea in the last day, don't push too hard during the race.
  2. Lost too much salts through sweat! Must take salt tablet next time before such event.
  3. Maintain a easy pace during the first half of the race.
  4. Need more training under hot sun!

I guess there is always next year to try again. Mean time will let my cramp recovered fully. Then will start my training again for the year end Ultra-marathon. Once again prayed that everything will goes on smoothly.

Sgrunner Group photo

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You did well darling! completed the race sub 5 despite such terrible cramps.

12:17 AM  
Blogger Renohtaram said...

Yep, you certainly did very well, Alvo! :)

8:08 PM  
Blogger Renohtaram said...

u havent blogged for ages, alvo!

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home